Cloud Musings, a GovCloud Network Property, is proud and honored to announce that we will now be serving over 3 Million Dell Community online daily viewers. Our content will focus on Cloud Computing for Business and will continue to provide independent and vendor neutral information on how business, government and non-profit organizations can better leverage the global and parallel nature of cloud computing.
In continuing our heritage as an independent content provider, it is important to note that this is not an exclusive syndication agreement. We are also not becoming a Dell information outlet. The agreement specifically charters Cloud Musings to provide information, insight and lessons learned to the Dell global readership on the cost effective employment of cloud computing related technologies.
Even though cloud computing is truly a natural evolution of information technology, its use continues to revolutionize business models and customer expectations. There are, however, significant differences across industry verticals on how these technologies can or should be implemented. For instance:
- Even though insurance companies today prefer private clouds because they are perceived as being more secure than public clouds, 2015 is expected to usher in a rapid rise in the use of industry association community clouds;
- The banking industry’s long heritage of using internationally managed and regulated IT platforms drives this industry toward the extensive use of cloud computing for administrative functions like email and file sharing;
- In Government, while opportunities to use cloud computing in a variety of ways do exist, it is also greatly misunderstood. This vertical can realize huge value through the use of public cloud computing resources, but many continue to hold-on to unsubstantiated fears. Cultural, legal and political change management challenges within this industry remain paramount;
- In retail cloud implementations have been mostly IaaS or PaaS solutions. Security, availability and vendor maturity are all aspects that retailers consider when deciding which functions they want deployed from the cloud. Lax monitoring and enforcement of internal data access policies and procedures have, however, led to some major data breaches;
- In media, content is king and audiences today can access content of any form in a variety of ways. This is driving service providers and application developers towards cloud-based enablement of multiscreen entertainment;
- The manufacturing industry uses the cloud for
logistics, sales support functions, HR, product development and life cycle
management, as well as in some manufacturing operations. Data and information
flow across these various business processes have their own unique challenges.
Over the coming months, our posts will address these differences and provide vertical related best practices. Our industry-focused solution implementation coverage will include things like big data analytics, disaster recovery, digital publishing and social media.
Thank you for continuing to place your trust in GovCloudNetwork and Cloud Musings. We look forward to continuing and expanding our mutually beneficial relationship. Also, don't forget to look us up at.....
(This content is being syndicated through multiple channels including Dell Corporation. The opinions expressed are the authors own and do not represent the views of any other company or organization.)
get free updates by email or RSS - © Copyright Kevin L. Jackson 2012)