- Susanne Balle, Architect, Hewlett Packard Scalable Computing and Infrastructure Organization on "Emergence of Cloud Computing"
- Lauren States, VP, IBM Cloud Computing, and David Lindquist, Cloud Computing Chief Architect/IBM Fellow on "IBM's Perspective on Cloud Computing"
- Todd Wiseman, Manager, Google's Federal Enterprise Team on "Cloud Computing from Google"
- Jeff Barr, Chief Evangelist for Amazon Web Services on "Amazon Web Services: Cloud Computing in Action"
Attendees included representatives from many government agencies including:
- US Air Force,
- US Army,
- NATO, and
- National Science Foundation.
Their were also serious discussion about forming an "Enterprise Cloud Computing Group". The five hour program, attended by over 150 energized national security professionals, was a strong testament to the value that some see in cloud computing for the national security space. A follow-up meeting is already scheduled for February.
Update: Presentations from the NCOIC event are now available in the SOA-R wiki.