I'm happy to announce my appointment by SYS-CON to be the Technical Chair of the 1st Annual Government IT Conference & Expo. This event is a 1-day deep dive into how cloud computing is changing the way that Federal agencies leverage, procure and utilize IT. GovITExpo, which is being held October 6, 2009 in Washington, DC, builds on the success of SYS-CON's Cloud Computing Expo. Data storage, security and software services are among the major themes of the technical program.
During one of the event sessions, I will also do a presentation on recent developments in Tactical Cloud Computing. This technology branch refers to the use of cloud computing technology and techniques for the support of localized and short-lived information access and processing requirements. Use cases could include:
- “Cloudbursting” to support cyclic data processing requirements;
- Establishing a cloud-based collaboration environment in order to coordinate firefighting resources during a wildfire;
- Virtually binding shipboard IT infrastructures in order to create a battlegroup infrastructure-as-a-service platform;
- Virtually binding land vehicle based servers and storage resources into a battlefield data center; or
- Dynamic provisioning of virtual cloud-based servers in order to automate exploitation and dissemination of unmanned air vehicle (UAV) streaming video feeds.
Additional session papers are being actively solicited until July 31, 2009. Topics could address any aspect of the new wave of Internet-based technologies that are changing the way that Federal agencies leverage, procure and utilize IT such as:
- Government 2.0
- Cloud Computing
- Collaboration in the Cloud
- Service-Oriented Architecture
- Green IT
- Private Cloud Computing
- Internal Clouds
Ideal candidates are infrastructure, architecture, and software engineering experts who have first-hand experience in the development, procurement or implementation of IT for Government or Federal agencies.
Registration is now open. I look forward to seeing you there !!
(Sponsorship and exhibitor information is also available.)
Follow me on http://Twitter.com/Kevin_Jackson