Yes, I know you're sick of all the predictions, but I just can't resist pointing you to Nick Hoover's "5 Predictions For Government IT in 2010". In summary:
1. Cybersecurity Will Continue To Be On The Front Burner
2. More Agencies Will Begin Forays Into Cloud Computing, Including Public Clouds
3. Transparency Won't Always Be Easy
4. Dashboards Will Push Agencies To Improve Performance Management
5. IT Procurement May See Some Tentative, Incomplete Reform
Of course, the cloud computing prediction interested me the most. According to Nick, 2010 will see early cloud computing projects moving into production and the use of cloud computing technology for classified activities via the DISA RACE program! Even with these steps forward, security and procurement will still offer challenges. Read the complete article for more.
( Thank you. If you enjoyed this article, get free updates by email or RSS - KLJ )