The SCOPE model includes four top-level categories of dimensions:
- Net-Readiness: Ability to deliver capability in a network context.
- Capability/Domain-Independent Scope: The range of scope or context supported.
- Capability/Domain-Dependent Scope: The nature, quantity, quality, speed, etc., of capability provided to meet operational needs.
- Technical/Economic Feasibility: The feasibility or risk associated with providing capability.
- Cloud resource visibility
- Cloud resource control
- Cloud resource responsiveness
- Cloud geographic footprint
- Data portability
- Cloud geographic footprint and data ownership laws
- Cloud resource responsiveness and cloud resource ownership
- Cloud resource control and resource control granularity
The NCOIC CCWG will continue it's SCOPE anaylsis durning the organizations next plenary session, March 1-5, 2010 in Falls Church, VA.
( Thank you. If you enjoyed this article, get free updates by email or RSS - KLJ )